Let's wrap up the debate on RTA's Proposed 10 Year Transit Plan

By: Nicholas Ventrone, Community Engagement Director
riversidetransit@gmail.com


I do appreciate all of the constructive input regarding the Riverside Transit Agency's proposed 10 Year Transit Plan. Your comments and views will make a difference. I understand that I've been covering RTA's proposal in detail for the last several weeks. That is important because both this plan and its upcoming comprehensive operational analysis report are vital tools for The Transit Coalition long range Future Vision of Mass Transit which serves as a foundation for our campaigns. The COA will provide the Coalition with hard facts that will back our positions. We are a fact-based transit advocacy group.

I'll be spending the next few weeks compiling all of the valid points that were brought up during this lively debate and will submit them on behalf of The Transit Coalition to RTA during the first week in October before the public comment period "closes" on October 7. I'll be working with our Executive Director Bart Reed on this.

In case you're wondering, I put "closes" in quotes simply because improving mass transit in Riverside County will be an ongoing project even though having a robust 10 year transit master plan at the ready is a good example of efficient transportation planning. Don't forget that constructive comments are welcome anytime both here in this forum and at RTA's Transportation Now meetings. Public comment periods never close here.

I'll be writing up this week's transportation tip this Friday. Afterwards I'll be stepping away from the blog for a the next couple of weeks in order to compile The Transit Coalition's report that will be given to RTA and posted here. If any major transit stories break or if I run across anything important, I'll keep you all posted as I write up the report. We do appreciate you following us.

Comments