The Riverside Transit Agency has published some tips to safeguard your safety and security while riding the bus. There’s several ways you can help. First, familiarize yourself with the following signs of suspicious activity and report passengers who:
- Are acting in a disorderly manner.
- Are harassing or disturbing others.
- Leave a package and quickly leave the area.
- Are carrying a weapon for the purpose of committing a crime.
- Nervously pacing the bus or transit station.
- Wear clothing that is extremely inappropriate for the weather, such as a heavy coat on a hot day.
Secondly, learn how to determine suspicious packages from lost-and-found items. Look for the following characteristics of unattended packages and report suspicious items which:
- Are placed in an out-of-the-way location.
- Have attached batteries, electronics, wires, or any other signs which may suspect explosives.
- Have an attached message.
- Discharge suspicious cloud, mists, gases, vapors, odors or fluids.
- Cause nearby individuals showing signs of illness or distress.
Remember, in an emergency always follow the instructions of your bus driver, the police and/or fire officials.